Thursday, December 16, 2004

Hitchhiking Pigeon?

I dislike pigeons. I don’t say ‘hate’ because that’s too strong a word. So, I dislike them. Why? Well, my father likes to call them the rats of the sky, flying rats. I can think of a few other birds for which this qualification could be true, but in this case, it means the pigeons. I don’t fully agree with him, but he isn’t wrong either. They do eat everything they can get, and when they eat the wrong food, they tend to get super bad looking, they tend to get sick. Strange, nòn? If only people would stop feeding them crap like French fries with mayo. Further more, they beg and beg and beg, if you let them, and shit and shit and shit (there is nothing you can do about that). So, I dislike them because my father has influenced me to do so, and because he is partly right. But this besides the point I want to make.
When I want to get to college, I first have to go by metro, and then by train to get to the university. So, I’m sitting in the metro when I see a pigeon searching the place for food, in the metro. All but a few doors are closed, and none of the open doors are near the pigeon so one can assume he came in through another door in another part of the metro. Thus, people, I would assume, have seen the pigeon come in. They have seen the pigeon come in and did nothing. What are they thinking when they see a pigeon walking into a metro? Hey, that pigeon obviously wants to go to another place, but he doesn’t want to fly? After all, it is winter, and the metro is a lot warmer. Are they fucking nuts? A pigeon in a metro and they don’t chase it away, back outside? Why, in Gods name, why don’t they chase it away, especially when it isn’t crowded in the metro and you don’t risk losing your seat?
I dislike pigeons, but to let them get stressed in a metro, whether or not it is crowded, that’s not my m.o. either. Neither, is it to make my journey more uncomfortable by letting a pigeon stay in the metro where it can make a lot of nuisance. So, I got up and chased the pigeon out. I went back to my still empty seat and wondered once more, why the people in the other part didn’t chase the pigeon away when they saw he wasn’t walking out the metro once he got in.

No comments: