Sunday, January 01, 2006

Where I wish upon a star

When I was in my senior year of our equivalent of high school, five years ago, I thought I would not graduate, at least not that year. My grades weren’t hopeful in my eyes, my grandma past away shortly before my first school exams and I just hadn’t a good feeling about it all. Anyway it was in the winter and at that time, I still played tennis and still had tennis lessons. It was when my friend and I got back after a lesson that I saw a falling star. My friend hadn’t seen it and I made my wish. I wished that I would graduate; I wanted so much for that wish to come true. And it did. I had prepared to not graduate and to do the year over, but I graduated. And I remembered my wish. Rationally I can understand that my wish had nothing to do with my graduation but everything with my input and the way I did my final exams; totally relaxed. But still, I can’t say for sure my wish upon that falling star, has nothing to do with it.
Would my falling star still grant wishes? Cause once more I wish upon a star.

Last night was New Year. And before I go on, I wish you all a good new year and hope all of you had a great time. Personally I don’t feel a new year has begun. Till ten o’clock p.m. I was studying. That doesn’t mean I hadn’t a good time when the clock finally struck 12. But I think I royally screwed up around a quarter till two. I got a phone call from my acquaintance whom was in love with me. And there lies the part I royally screwed up. I was at my neighbours and their big dog had lain herself upon my lap so it took some time before I could answer my phone properly. I took interest in him and I really was interested and wanted to know how he was doing, but I think the damage at that point had already been done.
So today I already thought life wasn’t very fair and felt a bit shitty for the way I might have treated him. I got on the internet and logged in at msn but he wasn’t online so I decided to get going with my studies again, while I put my msn on ‘occupied’. When I looked up I was invited into a multiple chat. And to my VERY BIG SURPRISE, my acquaintance was also in that chat and he was ‘offline’ as far as I saw. So I can’t get passed the logical conclusion that he has blocked me, while he had said that he wouldn’t do that; for he replied in the chat, and still he was offline for me. So now, life sucks even more. What a good way to start the New Year. I feel betrayed. I haven’t the knowledge of his reasons behind his action, I don’t even know for sure he has blocked me, so for all I know it is as innocent as a new born (it sounds naïve even to me), but still I feel betrayed.

So I wish upon a star that this year will be a lot better than 2005 and my start will not prove to be an omen of the coming year.

No comments: