Sunday, January 01, 2006

Two shitty decrees

What better way to forget my own little problem for a while, than to bitch about something. This time I will not bitch about Bush, or the government of America and her decisions, or something else concerning America which I could bitch about. This time, it concerns my own little country. See, I’m fair, I don’t discriminate America ;)

On this first day of the new year, a couple of decrees has set in (is that the right form of expression?). Anyway, the first has to do with the Dutch language. After a period of ten years it has been decided by an independent organ to once again adjust grammar and spelling. And that is just nonsense. The way this works is that this organ gets letters in which people ask why this works this way and that, that way. They get letters with questions concerning the Dutch language. If they have enough letters about one problem they can decide to change the language or the rule so that it becomes easier and more comprehendible. So, the changes that organ has decided should take place, has set in on this first day of 2006. But, they don’t make the language that much easier or better to comprehend in my eyes. And I am not the only one thinking this. National papers and magazines have declared to ignore the changes and go with what they know of old. Most of the Dutch public agrees. The people who go with the changes are, no big surprise since they most always see things different than the Dutch, the Belgians. They have said to fully accept the changes. That is just such a stupid thing to do. But hey, no big surprise there… they’re Belgians.
The second decree has to do with the care system in the Netherlands. They, the government, had decided it should change, but not for the better as I see it. Where we once had a system where there were 2 groups of insurants, we now have a system where we have only one group. But, though this change should have taken away the differences between the 2 groups, they still exist, only in an altered form. It shouldn’t have been hard for the government to have seen this coming, they should have taken use of what little intelligence they combined have, and realise that it wasn’t for the better, to introduce an altered care system. But hey, all governments are the same for that matter and are to blind to see their own incapability in all kind of different matters and don’t see when they have failed the public. Cause I do see it as failing, the new system. It isn’t for the better.

So, I’m through bitching for the evening. Now I can go back to my own little problem and feel shitty a little more. Tomorrow morning I also have to go to the dentist, and though I know nothing is wrong, I don’t want to go. At the moment I just feel too shitty for a dental appointment, where I have to be cheerful and a happy little camper.

No comments: