Friday, November 18, 2005

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

The other day I heard that research had shown that women spend 2 years of their lives in front of a mirror. Two years… Making themselves more beautiful/prettier/cuter than they already are. Trying to conform to the given standards in the magazines. Doing their hair and make-up… Just ignore the fact that if you don’t have any natural beauty of your own, make-up alone will not suffice. Which brings me to plastic surgery.
I understand why some women (and men) would want to submit to plastic surgery. I really do. Personally I wouldn’t – for I’m too chickenshit for something like that. Besides that, I am cute all of my own and don’t want to change my appearance, let alone correct my nose. And if I wanted to lose weight I’d change my diet (less candy, sweets and chocolate, and less soft drink) and perhaps start exercising. That is the healthiest way anyway. But some women, who undergo surgery, just don’t need it. They are cute and beautiful and pretty and slim. And they still undergo surgery… I don’t get that. I don’t get programmes like ‘Perfect!’ where gorgeous women undergo surgery to become ‘prefect’ by their own definitions and own likings. But hey, doesn’t the saying go ‘beauty is in the eye of the beholder’? And unfortunately beautiful people earn more, have a better social life and are more successful in life in general. Life sucks, life’s a bitch and hard as a rock. You’re fat, you’re ugly, and you’re not perfect. Don’t accept your own looks and life. Undergo surgery. Take the easy way out, cause life’s hard as it is with you being just cute, pretty or beautiful…. Just for your information, this is just a tad bit sarcastic.

No comments: